Prevident(Sodium fluoride) makes teeth more resistant to decay and bacteria that cause cavities. Prevident(Sodium fluoride) is used to prevent cavities.
Prevident 5000 Booster Spearmint is best used once daily just before bedtime instead of your regular toothpaste or as directed by your healthcare professional. Apply a thin ribbon of medicine to a toothbrush and brush thoroughly for 2 minutes or as directed. Adults: after use, spit out the excess. Do not swallow the toothpaste. For best results, do not eat, drink or rinse for 30 minutes after using this fluoride treatment. Children (ages 6 to 16): after use, spit out the excess and rinse mouth thoroughly. Do not swallow the toothpaste. If children less than 6 years of age are prescribed this toothpaste, close supervision is needed to prevent repeated swallowing of the toothpaste. Children ages 6-12 years should also be supervised when using this product.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as remembered do not use it if it is near the time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
Inform your doctor if you experience mouth or gum irritation while using this medication. If your teeth become stained or change color, notify your dentist. Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache or muscle twitches may occur if this medication is accidentally swallowed. If these symptoms occur, contact your doctor. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Tell your doctor if you: have other illnesses, have allergies (especially to fluoride), require a low-salt diet, live in an area where the drinking water is fluoridated. This fluoride supplement is used when the drinking water contains low fluoride levels (less than 0.7 parts per million). This medication should be used only if clearly needed during pregnancy or while breast-feeding. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. Symptoms of overdose may include increased drooling nausea stomach pain vomiting diarrhea muscle weakness shaking seizures paleness of the skin weak, fast heartbeat shallow, rapid breathing and extreme thirst.
Do not share this medicine with others for whom it was not prescribed. Do not use this medicine for other health conditions. Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from heat and light. Keep this medicine out of the reach of children. If using this medicine for an extended period of time, obtain refills before your supply runs out.
The above information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician,pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of the product is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Consult your
healthcare professional before taking the product.
Tell your doctor of any over-the-counter or prescription medication you may take. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.