Prevident 5000 Plus(Sodium fluoride) makes teeth more resistant to decay and bacteria that cause cavities. This medication is used to prevent cavities. This fluoride supplement is used when the drinking water contains low fluoride levels (less than 0.7 parts per million).
Prevident 5000 Plus(Sodium fluoride) is best used once daily just before bedtime after routine brushing and flossing or as directed by your doctor. Apply a thin ribbon of medicine to a toothbrush and brush thoroughly for 2 minutes or as directed. Adults: after use, spit out excess. For best results, do not eat, drink or rinse for 30 minutes. Age 6 to 16: after use, spit out excess and rinse mouth thoroughly.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as remembered do not use it if it is near the time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
Inform your doctor if you experience mouth or gum irritation while using this medication. If your teeth become stained or change color, notify your dentist. Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache or muscle twitches may occur if this medication is accidentally swallowed. If these symptoms occur, contact your doctor. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Tell your doctor your medical history, especially of: any allergies, kidney problems. If you live in an area where the drinking water is fluoridated, inform your doctor. Before using this medicine, tell your doctor if you are pregnant. It is not known if this drug is excreted into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, excess saliva, stomach pain, diarrhea, irritability, seizures, and loss of consciousness.
Do not share this medicine with others for whom it was not prescribed. Do not use this medicine for other health conditions. Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from heat and light. Keep this medicine out of the reach of children. If using this medicine for an extended period of time, obtain refills before your supply runs out.
The above information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician,pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of the product is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Consult your
healthcare professional before taking the product.
Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medications you may use. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.