Silver Sulfadiazene is used to prevent or treat skin infections in patients with serious burns. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Silver Sulfadiazene Cream is for topical use only. Clean and dry the affected area before applying the medication. Using a sterile glove, apply a thin film (1/16 inch) of the medication to the affected area and surrounding skin once or twice daily. Continue to use the medication as prescribed for the full time prescribed. Keep the affected area covered with the medication at all times. Do not cover with bandages unless instructed to do so by your doctor.
MISSED DOSE: Apply any missed dose as soon as possible but not if it is almost time for the next dose. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your regular schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Silver Sulfadiazene Cream may cause burning, stinging or redness when first applied to the skin. If any of these effects persist or worsen, inform your doctor. In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this drug, seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Tell your doctor your medical history, especially: liver or kidney disease, blood disorders, any allergies. Do not apply this medication to infants less than two months of age. Before you use silver sulfadiazine, tell your doctor if you are pregnant. This drug should not be used near or at term. It is not known if this drug is excreted into breast milk. However, similar, systemically absorbed forms of this drug are excreted into breast milk and have been shown to have undesirable effects on a nursing infant. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. This medicine may be harmful if swallowed.
Do not allow anyone else to use this medication.
Store at room temperature and in a tight container. Do not freeze. Keep out of the reach of children.
The above information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician,pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of the product is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Consult your
healthcare professional before taking the product.
Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medications you may use, especially of other skin products.