- For preparation of the skin prior to surgery.
- Helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection.
- For handwashing to reduce bacteria on the skin.
- Significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care.
Active Ingredients:Povidone-iodine, 7.5% equal to 0.75% available iodine . . . . . . . . Antiseptic.
Inactive Ingredients:Ammonium nonoxynol-4-sulfate, purified water.
A. Surgical hand scrub:
- Wet hands with water.
- Pour about 5 cc (1 teaspoonful) of Scrub on the palm of the hand and
spread over both hands.
- Without adding more water, scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
- Use a brush if desired. Clean thoroughly under fingernails.
- Add a little water and develop copious suds. Rinse thoroughly under
- Repeat the entire procedure using another 5 cc of Scrub.
B. Patient preoperative skin preparation:
- After the skin area is shaved, wet it with water.
- Apply Scrub (1 cc is sufficient to cover an area of 20-30 square inches),
develop lather and scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse off using sterile gauze saturated with water.
- The area may then be painted with BETADINE Solution or sprayed with
BETADINE Aerosol Spray and allowed to dry.
Do not heat prior to application.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a
Poison Control Center right away.